Sarah Murray Q/A
Vancouver photographer Sarah Murray is much in demand for her ability to capture character and mood. You’ll see her work in movie stills, portraits, food, interiors, travel. She is also a tremendous supporter of her fellow artists and the Vancouver Arts scene.
This weekend, Murray will be showing her work on South Granville. “I have a wonderful opportunity this weekend to display and sell my photography for a Pop Up at West Elm Vancouver. Photographic pieces include wood prints, acrylic prints, photo blocks and wood-framed photos from my Still Life Series.”
It is important to Murray that her work be printed in Canada. “I make my own photo blocks at my studio on Granville Island.” In advance of her showing, we asked Murray for her input on our Vancouver Q&A.
1. Specific place I go in Vancouver to be creatively inspired.
2. Best place for people watching.
3. Someone from Vancouver – alive or passed – who inspires me.
My daughter, Alivia.
4. If you want great pictures of Vancouver, go to:
5. If Vancouver were an animal, it would be:
A Sea Otter
6. A sound I associate with Vancouver.
7. A pleasant smell I associate with Vancouver.
8. Food and/or drink that reminds me of Vancouver.
9. Particularly great show, of any kind, that I have seen in Vancouver.
Barbara Cole photographic exhibition at the Bau-xi Gallery
10. Favourite place to travel if I want to be creatively inspired.